That's right folks, it's me, THE digital Poppy! I'm a writer and game designer who LOVES women and HATES the global neoliberal order. My earliest games were choose your own adventure books with titles such as 'The Stealer of Soles' and 'Final Destiny III' (Final Destiny I and II not written), before moving to point and click games in powerpoint, and later programs like twine and renpy. It's only when I was in my early 20s that I really pivoted into writing and games on a professional level, with The Lovely Ladyverse and day job working on cinematic horror games.
I am currently:
- Learning French!
- Returning to my roots of reading endless history books!
- Exploring the countryside!
- Painting minitures!
Timeline of Events
- The year is 2005. I am desperatly trying to recreate the vibe of the first Joan of Arc Age of Empires 2 campaign scenario using plastic knights. Something about the way that level worked gelled with me.
- The year is 2006. I recieve a copy of 'Eye of the Dragon', a Fighting Fantasy choose your own adventure book. I do not manage to win it, but the concept of a book where *I* can choose what happens sends me into a frenzy that I have, in many ways, yet to recover from. The book is mediocre at best, annoying at worst.
- For the next few years I write approximatly 5000 CYOA books a week. Nobody plays them, including me, I just want to write the next one.
- In my late teens and early 20s I studied animation, for some reason.
- I GOT TOO INTO PARADOX GAMES AND NOW I'M A TRANSEXUAL WITH A RATSONA!?!?!?!?
- In 2018 I published my first two actual games: Parsnip and The Testimony of Trixie Glimmer Smith. I am now a game developer and writer, presumably as punishment for some grave sin in a past life.